He was a Shiyi
False Accusation: He Was Shīáh / Influenced by Shīáh
One of the most mendacious claim made by his enemies, is that he was either a closet Shīáh or influenced by the Shīáh. The so-called evidence for this calumny is that his forefathers had names that are preferred by the Shīáh. Allah’s damnation is upon liars, and the filthiest liar who probably invented this lie was Ihsan Ilahi Zaheer in his book Al-Barelwiyah, which has been soundly refuted by Sunni Ulama. May Allah give that liar a just recompense.
Sub’ĥānAllāh! Alahazrat refuted Rāfidis all his life – in his fatāwā and books, he staunchly supported the position of Ahl as-Sunnah that Sayyidunā Abū Bakr and Sayyidunā Úmar were superior in this ummah. One of the reasons Alahazrat and other Sunni scholars distanced themselves from the Nadwah was the presence of Rafiđīs and the Nadwah sought to ignore the differences we have with them as insignificant. Yet the Nadawis slander Alahazrat and call him a Shīáh.
No other scholar from his time onward, perhaps, has refuted the Shīáh as comprehensively as Alahazrat. Some of his monographs are mentioned below in praise of companions, particularly, Sayyidunā Muáāwiyah (raDiAllahu anhu) which no person with Shīáh tendencies will ever write:
1. Radd al-Rifđah
2. Al-Adillah at-Ţāýinah fī Ādhān al-Mulāánah
3. Lumátu’sh Shamáh li Had’yi Shīáti’sh Shanīáh
4. Fađāyil e Fārūq (radiAllahu anhu)
5. Aálām as-Şaĥābah al-Muwāfiqīn li’l Amīr Muáāwiyah wa Umm al-Mu’minīn
6. Jamú’l Qur’ān wa Bima Ázzawhu li Úthmān
7. Al-Kalāmu’l Bahīy fi Tashabbuhi’s Şiddīq bi’n Nabiyy
8. Al-Wajd al-Mashūq bi Jalwati Asmāyi’ş Şiddīqi wa’l Fārūq
9. Manāqib e Şiddīqah
10. Al-Aĥādith ar-Rāwiyah li Mad’ĥi’l Amīr Muáāwiyah
11. Maţlá al-Qamarayn fī Ibānati Sabaqati’l Úmarayn
12. Al-Zulāl al-Anqā min Baĥri Sabqati’l Atqā
 Actually, these are names of the Ahl al-Bayt, which cause heartache to the modern Khawārij Wahābīs and Deobandīs anyway, names like Naqī Álī, Riđā Álī, Każim Álī etc.
 Monographs refuting Nāşībīs and Khawārij who bear hatred towards Mawlā Álī are not mentioned here.