Mawlana Nayimuddin Muradabadi
Şadr al-Afāđil Shaykh Sayyid Muĥammad Naýīmuddīn Murādābādī was born on the 21st of Şafar 1300 (1st January 1883) in Moradabad, in a family of scholars and notables. He was exceptionally intelligent and had an excellent memory. He memorised the Qur’ān at the age of eight and was then tutored by his father, Mawlānā Sayyid Muýīnuddīn ‘Nuzhat’, Mawlānā Shāh Abu’l Fađl Aĥmad and Állāmah Sayyid Muĥammad Gul Kabulī. He completed his graduation in Madrasah Imdādiyyah in Moradabad in 1320 AH by the time he was twenty. Mawlānā Naýīmuddīn was a towering scholar, an exegete of the Qur’ān, a ĥadīth master, a jurist (muftī), an eminent teacher, a brilliant debater, an orator, an activist and a physician. He was a prolific author. The following are among his works:
- Khazā’in al-Írfān fi Kanz al-Īmān: A commentary on the Urdu translation of the Qur’ān by Alahazrat Imām Aĥmad Riđā Khan.
- Al-Kalimatu’l Úlyā li Iýlā’i Ílm al-Muşţafā: He wrote this work on the topic of the Knowledge of Unseen [ílm al-ghayb] at the age of twenty. A Wahābī columnist wrote a vituperative piece on Alahazrat, upon reading which, Mawlānā Naýīmuddīn fell sick because of the lies and slanders of the Wahābī. Thereafter, he wrote this refutation, which was brought to the notice of Alahazrat, who praised it immensely and invited him to Bareilly.
- Aţyab al-Bayān fi Raddi Tafwiyatu’l Īymān: Refutation of Ismāýīl Dihlawī’s deplorable Tafwiyatul Īymān.
- Aswāţ al-Ádhāb álā Qawāmiý al-Qubāb
- Al-Taĥqīqāt li Daf’ al-Talbīsāt: Refutation of Al-Muhannad which is claimed to be an answer to Ĥusām al-Ĥaramayn.
- Aādāb al-Akhyār fī Táżīm al-Aāthār
- Farā’id al-Nūr álā Jarā’id al-Qubūr
- Sawāniĥ Karbalā
- Kashf al-Ĥijāb án Masā’il Iysāl e Sawab
- Sīrat e Şaĥābah
- Hidāyat e Kāmilah bar Qunūt e Nazilah:
- Taskīn al-Dhākirīn wa Tanbīh al-Munkirīn:
- Fatāwā Naýīmuddīn: Many monographs mentioned above can be found in the collection of his fatāwā.
- Riyāz e Naýīm: A collection of devotional poetry.
He passed away on the 18th of Dhu’l Ĥijjah 1367 (23rd October 1948). May Allah táālā have mercy on him and be well pleased with him.
islam aur hindostan
– sadrul afadil